Safenet MobilePASS Privacy Statement
Safenet MobilePASS is committed to maintaining strong protections for our customers, products and company. We believe in building and maintaining trust, reducing risk and simply doing what is right.
Safenet MobilePASS are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and while using our products and services
This Privacy Statement applies to Safenet MobilePASS websites and Solutions that link to or reference this Privacy Statement and describes how we handle personal information and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal information. Additional information on our personal information practices may be provided in offer descriptions, privacy data sheets, or other notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection.
What is Personal Information
“Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), social media account information, or payment card number.
It may also include device identifiers, data and telemetry (such as IP or MAC address) when such data is linked or tied to a specific person’s device.
If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our websites and Solutions and interact with us. We also acquire personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information on our behalf.
We collect personal information for a variety of business reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including payment transactions.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending and managing marketing communications and preferences.
- Creating an account.
- Provisioning websites and Solutions and enabling the use of certain features.
- Personalizing, improving and enhancing user experience and Solutions.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
- Administering online education, testing and certifications.
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information collected across our websites and Solutions from you over time with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve accuracy and completeness and allows us to better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide Safenet MobilePASS with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message. In some instances, Safenet MobilePASS and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website or Solution and to help personalize features, content or offers for you.
Uses of Your Personal Information
- We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating and helping to ensure the security of our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending notices, marketing and other communications, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Solution you have requested.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our websites and Solutions and user experience.
- Personalizing websites and Solutions, newsletters and other communications.
- Administering and processing your training and certification exams.
- Managing your relationship and interactions with Safenet MobilePASS.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from Safenet MobilePASS or from our partners.
You can modify your communication preferences at any time. See Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences below.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
- We need your help to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. We provide options to access, correct, suppress, or delete your personal information:
- Some Safenet MobilePASS entities may act as or be considered “data controllers.” When a Safenet MobilePASS entity is acting as a data controller, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that Safenet MobilePASS entity as described in the specific Solution documentation.
- If you need additional assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request or need more time, we will provide you with an explanation.
- In certain circumstances, some Safenet MobilePASS entities may act as or be considered “data processors”. When a Safenet MobilePASS entity is acting as a data processor and you wish to exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations, Safenet MobilePASS will direct you to the data controller under the applicable data protection laws.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our business, programs, website, and Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that mailing.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain programs, websites, and Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the use of the program, website, or Solution in accordance with its terms and conditions. With your permission, we may also share your personal information with Safenet MobilePASS business partners or vendors, so they may send you information about websites, programs, products or services that may be of interest to you. To opt-out of Safenet MobilePASS sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes.
By using our websites, Solutions, or otherwise engaging or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites, sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, securing, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within Safenet MobilePASS and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for the purposes of data processing, such as marketing, business operations, security, website or Solution functionality, or storage.
- With Safenet MobilePASS business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services. To opt-out of Safenet MobilePASS sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested website, Solution, service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority or third party if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Safenet MobilePASS, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Security of Your Personal Information
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Safenet MobilePASS implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our rights and agreements.
Like many websites and web-based Solutions, Safenet MobilePASS uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to us (e.g., Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, clickstream behavior, and telemetry).
These tools help make your visit to our website and Solutions easier, more efficient, and personalized. We also use the information to improve our website and Solutions and provide greater service and value.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on the websites you visit.
If you have an unresolved privacy concern related to personal data processed or transferred by Safenet MobilePASS pursuant to the CBPRs, PRP and/or Privacy Shield or this statement that Safenet MobilePASS has not addressed satisfactorily, please contact (free of charge) our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider. Alternatively, you can contact the data protection supervisory authority in your jurisdiction for assistance (Note, Safenet MobilePASS’s main establishment in the EU is in the Netherlands. As such, our EU lead authority is the Dutch Autoritiet Persoonsgegevens).
Under certain conditions more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. Under certain conditions more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please send to [email protected]
Updates to this Safenet MobilePASS Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.